groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Groovy with OpenJDK 10 and IntelliJ Build - Solved
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 19:36:12 GMT
The CORBA dependency is nothing to do with Groovy as you point out.

A minor clarification about JAXB. Other Groovy 2.5.0 users on JDK9+ might
also need the JAXB dependency (or a --add-modules switch) but from Groovy
2.5.1 that module is optional and only users of the groovy-jaxb extensions
should be affected. The --add-modules switch won't help from JDK11, so I'd
recommend (only for groovy-jaxb users) to add the JAXB dependency you
mention on their compile classpath and 3 related JAXB jars on their runtime
classpath. See the release notes for more details or have a look at the
build.gradle file for groovy-jaxb if you are using gradle and need a build
that works on 8 and above.

Cheers, Paul.