groovy-users mailing list archives

From Misagh Moayyed <mmoay...@unicon.net>
Subject Groovy and JDK 11: Compilation issue
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 17:32:58 GMT
Has anyone here tried to use Apache Groovy 2.5.1 or 3.x and JDK 11 together? I am trying to
troubleshoot a build failure (Using Gradle 4.8, or 4.9) that manifests itself as:

General error during class generation: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassVisitor.visitNestMemberExperimental(ClassVisitor.java:248)
at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:651)
at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:391)

Here is the full output of the failure:
https://travis-ci.org/apereo/cas/builds/409569422

It appears to me that perhaps JDK 11 support for Groovy still has a few rough edges and may
not be "officially" there. Could someone confirm this please?

Thanks.

--Misagh