groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Java-syntax-in-Groovy Warnings
Date Sat, 05 May 2018 17:23:31 GMT
Hi Jochen,

I have put your concerns about subjective/annoying SPAM warnings (which
I share) into the "Warnings in Groovy" issue I created
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8570).
Using errors is evidently not possible in this case, and using an
external "code style" checking tool would not fulfill my intended
purpose due to its non-mandatory nature. The same goes for a Go-like
"code formatter tool", for which I think we also do not have the the
resources to create it (even though that would be nice).

Most importantly: You would never see any of these warnings in any case,
because why would you use Java- instead of Groovy-syntax in your code ?-)

Cheers,
mg