groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Kerridge, Jon" <J.Kerri...@napier.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Re-entrant and multi-entrant Groovy calls
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:16:39 GMT
I have intermixed Groovy and JCSP easily and reliably, but not at the low-level thread level.

I use two libraries JCSP (CSP for Java) which provides a process based interface that enables
the construction of multiprocess applications, either on a multi-core machine or on a cluster
of multi-core machines.

In addition I have created a set of Groovy helper classes, groovyJCSP, that create a much
simpler user enviroment to the underlying JCSP library.  These libraries have been used for
more than 10 years, mostly in teaching but also to undertake large scale application development.

My github account has these libraries available (https://github.com/JonKerridge), which has
examples of the use of the library including much higher level management of access to shared
variables, including access to partitioned data structures such that two processes can read
all the data but only one can write to a specific partition.

Jon

Professor Jon Kerridge
School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University