groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3.0: Multiline list/map arguments
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 16:53:32 GMT
Hi Daniel,

I know that  "println [1, 2, 3]" fails, but I literally have never
wanted to literally print a list literal ;-)

My question was related to the fact that there is only whitespace +
newline right after the opening list bracket "[", and that this syntax
variety would  conceivably not be used if someone was going for an index
expression.
Backward compatibility breaking changes aside, would the Parrot be able
to discern these cases ?

Cheers,
mg