groovy-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java does not see method implemented in Groovy
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:01:25 GMT
On 23/04/2018 17:13, mg wrote:
> Are you using the Gradle build cache ?
> Have you tried building the code using the IntelliJ build system (I am
> not sure if you mean that by "In IntelliJ this is not flagged up as an
> issue either" or that only Intellisense does not complain) ?

It's not a Gradle build cache issue. I can also reproduce the problem in
IntelliJ now (after a restart).

I got it working now, but I cannot explain why. I removed the method and
then just inherited it again (with no code body). Re-compiled and it
worked. Replaced the code body, re-compiled and now it works.

This is a WTF. It does not make sense.

<snip/>

> Von: Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@gmail.com>
> Datum: 23.04.18 12:05 (GMT+01:00)
> An: users@groovy.apache.org
> Betreff: Java does not see method implemented in Groovy
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have build an hierarchy that effectively looks like:
>
>     Abstract Base #1 (Java)
>                 ^
>     Abstract Base #2 (Groovy, CompileStatic)
>                 ^
>     Abstract Base #3 (Groovy, CompileStatic)
>                 ^
>     Abstract Base #4 (Groovy, CompileStatic) <- Implements methodA
>     from Abstract Base #1
>     ExampleG (Groovy)    ExampleJ (Java)   ExampleK (Kotlin)

</snip>

--
Schalk W. Cronjé
Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r