The ASM 6 jar has a module-info.class file that gets incorporated into our jar via jarjar. We obviously should exclude that in our build and we do. We originally only had that build fix for 2_5_X and above builds because we didn't want to bump ASM version in a point release - but that change was later made without the accompanying build fix and that caused the module-info.class problem to resurface in 2.4.14 as well as cause several other bugs. The ASM change has been reverted for now, until we see whether the other issues can also be fixed. I'll do a 2.4.15 release after 2.5.0-rc1 so we have a more JDK9 friendly 2_4_X release.

Cheers, Paul.