The question is why do we have a `module-info.class` file in groovy.jar. I thought we had fixed that. Or maybe in 2.4.15?

Am 21.03.2018 um 12:34 schrieb Blake McBride:
Thanks!  Turns out, this is a known problem with older versions of tomcat.  I don't think any changes in groovy are necessary.

just in case you are somebody else wants to know more

Unable to process Jar entry [module-info.class] from Jar [jar:file:/.../build/web/WEB-INF/lib/groovy-2.4.14.jar!/] for annotations
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 19

module-info.class is for Java9 and requires a special flag available only in Java9 and later (constant pool entry with id 19). Thus for Tomcat under Java 8 the only solution is to ignore that or use a newer version of bcel that supports java9 and then ignore it. Because you cannot load it.

bye Jochen