groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade Groovy jar - can't start tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:46:13 GMT

Am 21.03.2018 um 12:34 schrieb Blake McBride:
> Thanks!  Turns out, this is a known problem with older versions of
> tomcat.  I don't think any changes in groovy are necessary.

just in case you are somebody else wants to know more

Unable to process Jar entry [module-info.class] from Jar
[jar:file:/.../build/web/WEB-INF/lib/groovy-2.4.14.jar!/] for annotations
org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Invalid byte
tag in constant pool: 19

module-info.class is for Java9 and requires a special flag available
only in Java9 and later (constant pool entry with id 19). Thus for
Tomcat under Java 8 the only solution is to ignore that or use a newer
version of bcel that supports java9 and then ignore it. Because you
cannot load it.

bye Jochen