groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Upgrade Groovy jar - can't start tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:38:06 GMT
The ASM 6 jar has a module-info.class file that gets incorporated into our
jar via jarjar. We obviously should exclude that in our build and we do. We
originally only had that build fix for 2_5_X and above builds because we
didn't want to bump ASM version in a point release - but that change was
later made without the accompanying build fix and that caused the
module-info.class problem to resurface in 2.4.14 as well as cause several
other bugs. The ASM change has been reverted for now, until we see whether
the other issues can also be fixed. I'll do a 2.4.15 release after
2.5.0-rc1 so we have a more JDK9 friendly 2_4_X release.

Cheers, Paul.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 10:48 PM, C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com