groovy-users mailing list archives

From Daniil Ovchinnikov <daniil.ovchinni...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3 lambda, method reference, default methods
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:59:46 GMT
It will be deduced it from library with a single switch to use Parrot in 2.6.
There is no other reason not to use library version, since Groovy can’t cross compile classes
to run with old Groovy versions.

—

Daniil Ovchinnikov
Software Developer
JetBrains
jetbrains.com
“Drive to develop”

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 15:42, mg <mgbiz@arscreat.com> wrote:
>
> Will Groovy 3.0 feature support be configurable (as for Java), or will it be deduced
from Groovy libs used, ... ?

> Von: Daniil Ovchinnikov <daniil.ovchinnikov@jetbrains.com>
> Datum: 22.03.18 12:41 (GMT+01:00)
> An: users@groovy.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Groovy 3 lambda, method reference, default methods
>
> IntelliJ will support Groovy 3 but with own parser.
>
> - using the parser provided by Groovy library restricts support to that library version;
> - compiler parsers are usually non-recoverable, but in IntelliJ we want to provide ability
to work with broken code as much as possible, so we have own parsers for (almost) each language.

> —
>
> Daniil Ovchinnikov
> Software Developer
> JetBrains
> jetbrains.com
> “Drive to develop”
>

> > On 21 Mar 2018, at 22:30, mg <mgbiz@arscreat.com> wrote:
> >
> > I guess the Groovy 3.0/3.0-- (aka 2.6) syntax elements support will be switchable
in IntelliJ, anything else would make little sense to me.