groovy-users mailing list archives

From Nick <oinksoc...@letterboxes.org>
Subject Why does Groovy's CliBuilder depend on apache commons-cli, which isn't included in groovy-all?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:02:37 GMT
Hello,

I asked a question on stack overflow, I wonder if anyone here knows the
answer?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49452422/why-does-groovys-clibuilder-depend-on-apache-commons-cli-which-isnt-included

To quote it:

 > I've been attempting to use the Groovy CliBuilder, as described here:
 >
 > http://docs.groovy-lang.org/2.4.7/html/gapi/groovy/util/CliBuilder.html
 >
 > However, it depends on classes missing from groovy-all-2.4.7,
specifically those in Apache's commons-cli library.

 > Ok, so I could add that dependency. But I find there is what looks
like a version of the Apache CliBuilder class bundled in groovy-all in
the groovyjarjarcommonscli package!

 > Firstly, why bundle that at all?
 >
 > Secondly, why not use it to back Groovy's CliBuilder implementation?
 >
 > Thirdly, can I rely groovyjarjarcommonscli being there for use in the
future?

Thanks!

Nick