groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jennifer Strater <jenn.stra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback - Groovy MVPs ?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:32:48 GMT
Although there seems to be a lot of disagreement about the name, everyone seems to be in favor
of the idea. What is the next step, Paul?

> On 20. Feb 2018, at 07:56, Peter McNeil <peter@mcneils.net> wrote:
>
> You're all missing the obvious "Groovy GR8" :-)
>
>> On 20/02/18 11:35, Paul King wrote:
>> Supreme Thanks Award Recognising contributions? :-)
>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Kostas Saidis <saikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My own few cents, too:
>>>
>>> Groovy Star, Groovy Champion, Groovy MVP all have their pros and cons. I would
suggest something along the lines of Groovy Exceptional Community Member (Groovy ECM) or Groovy
Distinguished Community Member (Groovy DCM). New acronym, professional enough, focusing on
the overall community and not only the language per se.

>>> Kostas

pose a problem. Also do you suggest that people would actually read "Groovy has announced
its Minimum Viable Products of 2018" ?

crowned in the US), and I think "Groovy announced its 2018 MVPs" has a nice ring to it.

on the Groovy language and ecosystem. Hence I think the name is both professional, and since
it can be directly linked to the star in the Groovy logo I think it makes perfect sense. In
sports you also have star players and in music (and Java) you have rock stars. That you can
find examples that relates to games on Nintendo does not make a valid point IMO. The "All
Stars" just makes it so much better - as that's what Paul, Jochen and others are .

consider whether that name really sends the right professional message with regards to Groovy
? I am convinced it does not.
project are typically conservative and sensitive to those things, and they do not normally
follow nerd humor... (next suggestion I see coming along the Stars-crossed-line, is to call
Paul and Jochen "Groovy All Stars")

Nintendo Switch might become a reality:

it with "Java Champions"
but let me associate "Song