Hi,

      I am reading the book 'Groovy in Action' and this code is based on that.

My base script stores 'DynamicXPath' like this.
abstract class AxesBaseScript extends Script {

public DynamicXPath bootStrap(String initialPath ){
this.binding.dxp.bootStrap initialPath
}
}
And here I want to execute a dynamic DSL command 'dsl '
by storing it in the binding as 'DslCommand'.
    def evaluatexpath( String dsl ){
        def binding = new Binding(
                dsp: new DynamicXPath(),
                DslCommand: dsl
        )

        def shell = new GroovyShell(this.class.classLoader, binding)

        shell.evaluate '''
            @BaseScript(com.automation.script.AxesBaseScript)
            import groovy.transform.BaseScript
            DslCommand
        '''
    }

Looks like the DSL string I pass 'bootStrap somestring' is returned as it is as a string by evaluate.

Can I not execute 'bootStrap somestring' ?

The relevant section in the book is 'Listing 19.12 Using a custom base script class'

My 'DslCommand' replaces 'move left' which you see at the end of the listing.
I just want to pass my DSL commands to the evaluate method as parameters through the binding.

Thanks,
Mohan