groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Sample Forum
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 05:33:07 GMT
Nice work Nathan, that certainly is a more pleasant user interface than
nabble but I don't ever use nabble but rather just email clients. I'd
certainly be happy advertising something like this as another alternate
informal channel for Groovy communication alongside Slack and StackOverflow.

If there was a way to make emails show up on the mailing list we could
possibly take it further. Would this only be possible if Apache hosted
their own discourse instance? Is that possible? I suspect that is what is
really needed.

We have a requirement to conduct all official project business using Apache
mailing lists but really I believe the underlying requirements are:
* Being able to link users back to an Apache user id is useful for checking
CLA agreements have been signed etc. PMC members/Committers have a
responsibility to check this.
* Having Apache Infrastructure being able to vouch that messages haven't
been tampered with which is important from an Apache Legal point of view.
* Hard requirement for Apache Members and Apache Board members to be able
to peruse our mailing lists in the same way as other projects.
* Single point of call for anyone to go to see all official decisions made
by the project.
* An ability to also have a private list so that things like security
issues can be discussed before being made more widely available.

Cheers, Paul.