groovy-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Harvey <nathanwhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Sample Forum
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 22:45:17 GMT
Hi guys, today I have set up a sample Discourse forum for everyone to use.
You can find it here: http://groovy.trydiscourse.com/

This forum is configured to behave almost exactly like a mailing list, for
those who want it. You can mail in topics. For example, send an email to:
groovy+users@discoursemail.com - you should not have to create an account
for this to work. It will create one for you.

In addition, if you create an account on the forums, you are by default
subscribed to the categories of the forums, just like the mailing list. New
topics will trigger an email sent straight to your inbox, to which you can
reply. Obviously you can reply to them on the forum as well. When replying
via your email client, you should take advantage of using Markdown syntax.

I've also created a sample topic (copied from the mailing list) for you to
view on the forum, so you can appreciate the modern forum experience that
Discourse offers:
http://groovy.trydiscourse.com/t/improving-named-argument-support/15. I
encourage you to look at the current equivalent here:
http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Improving-named-argument-support-tp5746753.html
for comparison.

Please feel free to make your own topics and see how they interact with your
email client and let me know if you have any problems. Quick note: when you
post a topic, there is a 2 minute window in which you can make edits before
it is sent out to email subscribers, so if you experience delay that is why.