groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Loading groovy as a Jigsaw auto-module
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 09:23:03 GMT
Just to clarify things... This is a maven plugin complaining, not JDK9,
as I see it. Afaik the plugin tries to create a module configuration for
groovy and cannot interpret the services provided in those directories.
JDK9 would not care, unless you say your module is providing a certain
service.

And I want to add two more points: The extension mechanism is unlikely
to work as intended on JDK9. If you want to provide a service across
modules you are now forced to use the very doubtful ServiceProvider
infrastructure. And one module to read a file from another module was at
least till late stages of JDK9 not possible. I am not sure what the
latest state here was. Maybe I did interpret something wrong - writing a
test for this would be easy.

But if I am right, this would mean our extension mechanism must become a
SPI structure to enable other modules to provide extension modules.