groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject groovyConsole - code protection.
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:09:00 GMT
I note that the very handy groovyConsole will:
* close if the code hits a System.exit() call. (without saving the app).
* become un-closable / unresponsive with a silly-loop piece of code
* a swing app may continue to run (typically without any UI) - even after the console Closes
* cannot run a console based script (as the groovyConsole grabs the console first!)
* cannot specify command-line args - making it harder to test those types of script.

So I was wondering if it could be possible/desirable for groovyConsole to be enhanced to support
a mode where the code runs in a separate jvm instance. I'm not sure what features would become
ineffective as a result - but it sure would be useful so it addresses all of the issues noted
above.

PS. A regex tester feature in the Console sure would be handy too!

PPS - I am not offering to do this!  I don't have the skills.