groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Groovy and language influences
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 16:51:34 GMT
Indeed, I still remember meeting John Rose many years ago, the mastermind
behind invokedynamic, to speak about what a language like Groovy was
needing in this space :-)
Hard to really quantify how much we helped, but yet, we did have some
influence for sure in this area!
Or for things like the var stuff coming up in Java 10, it's also something
I've been advocating to Brian Goetze 3-4 years ago (although he was really
not in favor of it back in the day)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge