groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy Documentation query
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2017 16:42:57 GMT
On 31.05.2017 12:29, Merlin Beedell wrote:
> Before Groovy became an Apache project, I think the web and
> documentation was created and maintained on an Atlassian Confluence service?

the software was a confluence wiki, yes.

> What platform hosts this now?  I can’t see any references to it on
> http://www.groovy-lang.org/documentation.html

html generated from asciidoc and a custom website building script.

> And if you were able to compare the two, which was easier to use, for
> publishing your documentation both on the web and as a pdf / html page
> set included in each release?

pro current:
* pull requests can be made and reviewed for the documentation
* no confluence account required
* no special server is required, as it is all html&co in the end.

con current:
* we have a build step, thus changes are not visible right away.

> I ask because both services are really very good, and just the sort of
> thing that we could use!

I think with the old infrastructure Confluence was easier for us. But
the current version is good too ;) Really depends on your specific case

bye Jochen