groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Sql parameter count verification causing exceptions
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:23:23 GMT
Hi Chad,

Relying on consistent SQL driver behavior has certainly been problematic.
Can you confirm when using Groovy 2.4.12-SNAPSHOT (it has PR#534 already
merged) that your problem remains? We might have to water down the
remaining check left after GROOVY-8174 to be just a warning in the log.
We'll likely start the release process for 2.4.12 in about a week's time.

Just on the history, you are right that fixing GROOVY-8082 didn't require
the extra checks but we have had feedback previously indicating that the
exception messages users receive when getting the number of parameters
wrong has been inconsistent and confusing. Perhaps it was wishful thinking
that these inconsistencies could be fixed through using another part of the
same api. We certainly don't want Groovy's SQL processing to get in the way
of getting work done.

Cheers, Paul.