Hello,
can someone advise how to import properly snakeyaml into groovy 2.4.7?
I've tried on Ubuntu 16.04 and RHEL 6.6 by invoking it from groovysh or groovy directly

groovy:000> import org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml;
Invalid import definition: 'org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml'; reason: startup failed:
script14809411869301863038523.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml
 @ line 1, column 1.
   import org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml;
   ^

1 error

However if I load import org.yaml.snakeyaml.* it succeeds, but later on when I try to find what classes have been imported I have no luck.

The error persists both on the binary distribution from groovy/ubuntu web sites and  the one installed via sdkman (RHEL). JDKs I've used are openjdk and the Oracle JDK 8u111.
Many thanks for your help.