groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Corum, Michael" <mco...@rgare.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Docker images
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 03:09:33 GMT

  *   Either one
  *   Alpine – I suspect others will want other options though
  *   Would most definitely prefer Oracle but I assume other would want OpenJDK as well.
For my purposes OpenJDK just doesn’t work at all.
Michael Corum
VP, Technical Architecture Solutions

RGA Reinsurance Company
16600 Swingley Ridge Road
Chesterfield, Missouri 6301701706
T 636.736.7066
www.rgare.com

From: Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com<mailto:keeganwitt@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, September 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM
To: "users@groovy.apache.org<mailto:users@groovy.apache.org>" <users@groovy.apache.org<mailto:users@groovy.apache.org>>
Subject: Groovy Docker images

I was thinking of putting together some Docker images for Groovy, with the idea they might
be useful to base Grails, Gradle, etc images on and wondered people's opinions on a few things.

  *   Should I install Groovy manually in somewhere like /opt?  Or use SDKMAN?
  *   Should I have images based on Alpine and Debian? Alpine only?
  *   I presume OpenJDK images are fine as bases?  Any reason we'd need an Oracle based image
too?

Thoughts?

-Keegan