From: Daniel Price <danprice303@gmail.com>
Reply: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Date: May 9, 2016 at 18:28:38
To: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Subject:  Groovy Running Slower With More Memory

Good Afternoon.  I've been running some Groovy 2.4.2 scripts on a Windows 7 64-bit PC with 16GB of RAM.  My scripts are memory intensive SQL Server DB manipulators, and I have modified startGroovy.bat to:

%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms8192M -Xmx8192M

I recently gained access to a new server running Windows Server 2012 that has 32GB RAM and lots of flash disk, so I thought giving Groovy more RAM might allow the scripts to run faster.  So I installed Groovy on the server and modified startGroovy.bat to:

%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms20480M -Xmx20480M

But the new server runs my scripts about twice as slow as my PC.  This is true even with the exact same RAM settings in startGroovy.bat.

I don't know if I should expect to see a large decrease in run time based on additional RAM, but an increase seems odd to me.

Could this be due to OS differences?

Thanks!