groovy-users mailing list archives

From David Eisner <deis...@gmail.com>
Subject groovysh classpath switch not working under Windows
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 13:39:19 GMT
I'm trying to set the classpath for a groovysh session with the classpath
switch (e.g. "-cp" or "-classpath"). On Linux (and under Cygwin with an
sdkman-installed Groovy), it works fine.

But under Windows (both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit, installed
using the Windows installer) I get this error:

PS C:\> groovysh -cp .
Unrecognized option: -cp
error: jvm creation failed with code -1: unknown error
PS C:\> groovysh -classpath .
Unrecognized option: -classpath
error: jvm creation failed with code -1: unknown error

I'm using the current directory as an example argument, but I get the same
error no matter what I try.

In all cases (Linux, Cygwin w/ sdkman, Windows 7 and 10) this is Groovy
2.4.6 with JVM 1.8.0_91). One other thing: the problem occurs whether I'm
using PowerShell or cmd.exe.

I don't see any bugs filed against this in JIRA. I'm new to groovy, so
perhaps I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks.

-David