groovy-users mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About Gradle, Kotlin and Inner Fear
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 08:59:08 GMT
Cedric's comment linked at the bottom of that post is excellent in
describing the issue. The gradle DSL has been designed in a way that is
hard to support by IDEs, partly because groovy made that so easy.

And the same might be true about other popular groovy frameworks. Having to
support plugins for each IDE for each framework specific DSL is not viable.

If there were a lesson to be learned here for a vastly different groovy 3,
it is hard to imagine that in practice those lessons could be applied.