Spring Boot uses snakeyaml: www.snakeyaml.org.

https://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/current/reference/html/howto-properties-and-configuration.html

I have used this with groovy (directly and via SB) and it works perfectly.

BOB

---
Bob Brown
Director, Transentia Pty. Ltd.
Training, consulting, development at the leading edge of technology.

    73 Frasers Rd.                Mobile: 0416-078-813
    Ashgrove                      Email: bob@transentia.com.au
    Brisbane                      Web: www.transentia.com.au
    Queensland 4060
    Australia

NOTE: This email may NOT be taken to constitute an agreement to form a
"prior relationship" or to give "prior affirmative consent" for the
purposes of opt-in mass marketing.

---

"And so with gods and men
 The sheep remain inside their pen,
 Though many times they've seen the way to leave."
 -- Genesis, "Firth of Fith"