I have a groovy class with a main that has to be run, another help class in Groovy, and a bunch of jars needed by the app in  ~/.groovy/lib/.

I got it working by using these lines (replacing what I had in the initial config):

    from configurations.runtime.asFileTree.files.collect { zipTree(it).matching{exclude{it.path.contains('DSA') or it.path.contains('RSA') or it.path.contains('SF') }} }
    from configurations.compile.collect {
              it.isDirectory() ? it : zipTree(it).matching{exclude{it.path.contains('DSA') or it.path.contains('RSA') or it.path.contains('SF') }}
    }

This removes the signatures of the included jars. I am not familiar with this so I'm not sure about the implications.
I'll read your suggestions with interest!

Thanks