good steer on shadowJar.

I can confirm though that all you end up with is a couple of hundred kb of spring boot launcher. Nothing else spring is pulled in.

On 8 March 2016 at 17:03, Henrik Martin <henrik@netgate.net> wrote:
For "uber jars", I use both Spring Boot's bootRepackage, and shadowJar, the Gradle port of Maven Shadow. Both work really well and are easy to use from Gradle. The only thing about using Spring Boot is that you probably end up with a bunch of transient dependencies for Spring/Spring Boot that may bloat your runnable jar file. From that perspective, I think the shadowJar solution will result in fewer dependencies. Here's the link to shadowJar if you want to check it out:

https://github.com/johnrengelman/shadow

Cheers,

-H