groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Groovy Console wont start
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:51:13 GMT
I understand you are green that's fine.

I don't use the installer, so I didn't have groovyConsole.exe, but I did try the installer.
My account is not an admin so I installed outside of Program Files, and for whatever reason
I got no start menu entries, but all of the files did copy down. If I run groovyConsole.exe
directly it did work. I'm not sure how groovyConsole.exe differs from the bat in terms of
launching Groovy, or how the exe file is made.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Mart [mailto:M.Ayre@herts.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 8:47 AM
To: users@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Groovy Console wont start

Thanks Jason

Told you I was green

The windows insall added  Start GroovyConsole to the start menu the properties being "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Groovy\Groovy-2.4.6\bin\groovyConsole.exe".

However running the GroovyConsole.bat does indeed start up the console. At least I know my
Java_Home is ok!

Any idea why groovyConsole.exe doesnt run?

Mart