groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: building a jar from groovy script with gradle
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 13:42:04 GMT
I've "deployed" some scripts to other users in my organization where Java but not Groovy is
installed through the GroovyWrapper script. I got it from Codehaus and I can't find the original
copy anywhere but I found a fork of it at https://github.com/sdanzan/groovy-wrapper that appears
to have more features than the original. The original I have basically just uses the Ant inside
of the Groovy distribution to compile a single Groovy file and merge that file, embeddable
groovy JAR and some of the Groovy libs into a single jar you can run with java -jar.

Looking at the code it appears the main difference in that updated script is that it supports
adding @Grab'd dependencies into the single JAR, presumably to prevent users from having to
download them.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Northrop [mailto:james.b.northrop@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 8:19 AM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: building a jar from groovy script with gradle

Out of interest, what is the typical deployment strategy for a runnable Groovy class w/main
method? I have been trying to make a user executable jar but as 2 diff.jars. One jar is only
my code, no support jars and 2nd is mystuff-all-v1.0.jar as a bundle w/all dependency jars
included hence runnable. End user can choose jar.

 Are there other strategies to package code 4 deployment?
Thx.

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Mar 2016, at 11:45, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can spot a number of issues in your Gradle script, howver I need to understand context.
>
> [1] Are you trying to put a single Groovy script + required Groovy JARs into a JAR?
>
> OR
>
> [2] Are you trying to build a proper Groovy application consisting of a coouple of class
files en dependent JARs?

>> On 08/03/2016 10:33, Raphael Bauduin wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to package a groovy script as a jar with the help of
>> gradle, I use this gradle config: http://pastebin.com/RFEhzMCp
>>
>> it builds fine, but when I try to run it with java -jar path_to.jar I
>> get this error:
>> Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and
>> try again Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException:
>> Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
>>
>> The only suggestions I found online applied when people repackaged jars, which is
not my case.
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rb