groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Very Odd/Random JVM Slowdown With Indy
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:26:43 GMT

On 16.03.2016 20:31, David Clark wrote:
> If I can think of a way to reproduce the problem with a small script or
> application I will definitely post it to the list. I really have no idea
> what would cause this problem. If you have any suggestions about what
> types of application behavior would tend to lead to this issue I will
> give them a try.
>
> Thank for the link to the JDK bug, that does seem to be what we are seeing.

If it is not that bug, then it is most probably... well it is the most
probable reason anyway... our non-existing ability to handle multiple
targets for the method call in the callsite. It is non-existing, because
we don't do it for the non-indy case, and while this can increase
Groovy's performance quite a bit, it is additional complexity to deal
with and so I was waiting for a real life use case.... And it might be,
that your case is exactly what I was looking for.

bye Jochen