groovy-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdm...@proxerd.pl>
Subject Re: [ANN] Geb 0.13.1 released
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:41:30 GMT
Gerald,

Geb is a wrapper around Selenium so if you have issues with the WebDriver
implementation you're using then unfortunately there isn't much that Geb
can do for you.

I would advise against using GhostDriver given that it is unmaintained at
the moment: https://github.com/detro/ghostdriver#help-needed. I found that
using a real browser like Firefox or Chrome and running it on a headless
server in a virtual display (Xvfb) is way more reliable than using headless
drivers. This is for example the setup I'm using to run functional tests in
SnapCI on my current project. I have never tried using jBrowserDriver
though, maybe it's worth trying out:
https://github.com/MachinePublishers/jBrowserDriver. Feels like it's worth
trying to run Geb's suite using it -
https://github.com/geb/issues/issues/426.