Hi Jamie,

If it's caching something, it seems unrelated to the Groovy script itself.

For example, I tried adjusting the code to append additional statements to the Groovy script on every iteration. When doing this, the parse times increase proportionately to the script length. However, even in this scenario, the "slow" parse times were still uniformly ~300 ms slower than the "fast" parse, depending on whether the CompilerConfiguration is a new object or one already seen before.

Perhaps it's related to excess loading/resolving of those imported classes? (Any caching of the imported classes is desired behavior on my part anyway!) But the CompilerConfiguration influence is still mysterious to me.

Scott