groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject Are GMavenPlus stubs compiled?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:46:18 GMT
Our team just moved from Groovy 2.3.3 to 2.3.5. In our code there was a star import that referenced
a class in the same package (import X.* instead of import com.foo.bar.X.*). The project compiles
from IntelliJ but not from Maven (using gmavenplus-plugin 1.2) - the error actually comes
from the Java compiler, probably Java always needs fully qualified name.

OK, so this is probably a minor bug in Groovy, but I'm not worried about that as I can fully
qualify the import. What I'm wondering is why javac was trying to compile this stub in the
first place? The class with the import is a groovy class and as far as I can tell is only
referenced by other Groovy files. Is it typical/expected that Maven compiles all of the stubs
with javac? The fact that the project builds from a clean source from IntelliJ suggests it's
not strictly required that javac runs on that stub.

Jason Winnebeck
Software Engineer III Contractor - IT Software Development | Windstream
600 Willowbrook Office Park, Rochester, NY 14450
Jason.Winnebeck@windstream.com<mailto:Jason.Winnebeck@windstream.com> | windstreambusiness.com
o: 585.794-4585

original message and any attachments.