I did something like that a while ago for the Gaelyk framework:
http://gaelyk.appspot.com/tutorial/app-engine-shortcuts#images
(based on the Google App Engine imagine manipulation library)

Guillaume

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@gmail.com> wrote:
I am definitely not for implementing a whole new set of image libraries, I am just trying to find out if a nice Grrovy-DSL exists aound some image libraries.

I mean wouldn't it just be nice to be able to do something like

image '/foo/bar/my.jpg', {
  offset    x : 100, y :200
  text      'Write this text over the picture'
  colour   0xFF00FE
  font      'TimesRoman'
  size      '24pt'
}