groovy-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Code sample from packt Groovy book: help debug File and output problems?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 21:58:15 GMT
I'm reading through the packt book "Groovy for Domain-specific Languages - Second Edition",
which has a zip of sample code at the following url: https://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/Groovy%20for%20Domain-specific%20Languages,%20Second%20Edition_0.zip

When I run the build of this, it fails with a FileNotFoundException in "RewardService.groovy".
 If you install the zip and run the build, you should see the same thing.  I've looked at
the File reference, and I don't understand why this is failing.  I've also run the particular
test in the debugger, and verified with the "Display" view that this File reference should
work.

Assuming you see the same error, any idea why this is happening?

Also, likely a Spock or Gradle question, but I can't figure out how to get stdout from the
test run to go to the console, or anywhere I can find, for that matter.  I found various references
that describe how to configure this, but none of them worked.  I asked about this on the Gradle
forum.