groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Question on Metaprogramming diagram
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:09:05 GMT
Based only on the subtree, the second option appears to be describing the case where the “method”
is actually a property of closure type. For example if calling a.b(), if b is a method it
calls it, but if there is a property “b” (via getB or field), and that property is of
Closure type, then do a.b.call(). It seems that it should say “property exists in MetaClass
or class”? I’m not a Groovy MOP expert though, but I thought only the MetaClass is used
for lookups. I also don’t get the block “call interceptor or original method” in that
diagram, because immediately before that it already checks if it’s GroovyInterceptable,
so it seems like that block should just say “call original method”.

Jason

From: Allison F [mailto:yetanotherallisonf@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2015 6:35 PM
To: users@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Question on Metaprogramming diagram

I'm reading through the metaprogramming section on groovy-lang.com, and the first flow chart
has a duplicate decision box.

The flowchart can be found here: http://groovy-lang.org/metaprogramming.html#_runtime_metaprogramming

"Method exists in MetaClass or class?" is asked twice in a row, one after the other. Looks
like a typo to me and I'm wondering if another question is supposed to be in that location
or if the whole subtree under one of those is moot.

Thanks,
Allison

original message and any attachments.