groovy-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject GPars Kanbanflow question
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 14:25:39 GMT

THe essence of my question is: "How do I know that there is no more work
left within a KanbanFlow?"

In practice what is happening is that I have something like:

   { (1) DataFlowQueue from which producer reads } | { some processing
in consumer node (2), sends final data to an Actor instance (3) }

I can determine when there will be no more data to be placed into the
DataFlowQueue (1).
I can also determine when the Actor has finished all the work it
received (3).

However I have no idea how to determine whether there in work-in-process
in (2). This means that I can prematurely call stop() on my KanbanLink
instance and lose data.

--
Schalk W. Cronjé
Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r