groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DSLD
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 21:10:18 GMT
FYI, here's Andy's reply (he's not on the new Apache lists).  I've started
some of the documentation cleanup (I ported the DSLD examples already) and
there's another thread on issue migration.

-Keegan

Hey,

As a housekeeping job, getting the wiki into better shape would be a help
and perhaps drive more contributors to try and get involved. As noticed the
DSLD stuff is entirely missing from the github wiki - that could be ported.
We tried to use the github wiki as a fresh start and only brought over or
created material as we found we needed it. In addition to DSLD there are
probably other materials from there to port too.  One key missing piece is
the dev environment setup instructions. The github wiki points to an old
stale (and now dead link) on codehaus. But I just uploaded a PDF of more
recent instructions - if someone wants to try those out, update them as
they go and produce a PR against the wiki that has them in a better format,
that’d be very useful. PDF is here:
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-eclipse/blob/master/docs/IntroductiontoGroovy-EclipseDev.pdf

The instructions on updating to a more recent groovy are all in the wiki
already and have been followed a few times:
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-eclipse/wiki/Updating-the-groovy-in-groovy-eclipse

I did not have any time to migrate all the open issues from codehaus jira
to github, but I did take a snapshot of the jira contents before it went
away. If someone wants to pick through that I could share that file,
however users have started opening github issues.  I’m not sure if there
are any simple ones though, to get to grips with things. This is a
complicated plugin, as language integrations often tend to be. If I were
starting again, I’d do things rather differently.

cheers,
Andy
===

cheers