groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Suggestions for performance improvement
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2015 06:07:49 GMT
Am 18.07.2015 19:31, schrieb Keegan Witt:
> a) Not exactly.  In an earlier version of the code Rahul was
> experimenting with to compare performance, he said "I couldn't get
> gradle to do that, possibly because there's java code depending on
> groovy code and groovy code depending on java code."  I was curious
> about how that could be solved, since GMavenPlus doesn't experience that
> issue.  Maybe I should have started a new thread.

ok

> b) It's not perfect, but the solution was to let Groovy compile both the
> Groovy and the Java, which Peter does in his first sourceSets example.
> But if anybody has a better idea, I'd love to hear about it.  Here's a
> simple project demonstrating the issue:
> https://github.com/keeganwitt/circular-gradle

just to keep the reference: http://stackoverflow.com/a/22164339/160256

What I do read is that the first version is 'just' joint compilation and
the second is just Groovy code depending on Java code. The groovy gradle
plugin already supports joint compilation, but looking at the
documentation about the project layout:
'''
src/main/groovy

Production Groovy sources. May also contain Java sources for joint
compilation.
'''

so understood his comments, that its about making joint compilation work
with a different source set only.

That would mean it is no new solution... which I hoped for when I did
read your mail. Or did I miss something?

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou