groovy-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Somasunderam <rsomasunde...@transcendinsights.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions for performance improvement
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:21:51 GMT
Thanks! I've created a JIRA to address the performance - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7508

Rahul Somasunderam
Engineer, Transcend Insights

On Jul 18, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com<mailto:keeganwitt@gmail.com>>
wrote:

a) Not exactly.  In an earlier version of the code Rahul was experimenting with to compare
performance, he said "I couldn't get gradle to do that, possibly because there's java code
depending on groovy code and groovy code depending on java code."  I was curious about how
that could be solved, since GMavenPlus doesn't experience that issue.  Maybe I should have
started a new thread.

b) It's not perfect, but the solution was to let Groovy compile both the Groovy and the Java,
which Peter does in his first sourceSets example.  But if anybody has a better idea, I'd love
to hear about it.  Here's a simple project demonstrating the issue: https://github.com/keeganwitt/circular-gradle

-Keegan

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org<mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org>>