groovy-users mailing list archives

From Nikolay Totomanov <ntotoma...@abv.bg>
Subject Re: Always add no-args constructor at compile time
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:48:07 GMT
Thanks a lot,
Keegan!

It works like a charm!

   The code looks very clean to me!
   Thanks a lot,
Keegan!

   I'll give it a try.

      Oh, actually Opcodes is not needed, you can take that off so you don't need a dependency
on
      org.ow2.asm:asm .

       On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Keegan Witt
        keeganwitt@gmail.com >  wrote:

          Here's what I'm thinking.
 Use this as a configuration script.

           import  java.lang.annotation.ElementType
 import   java.lang.annotation.Retention
  import  java.lang.annotation.RetentionPolicy
 import   java.lang.annotation.Target
  import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ASTNode
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.AnnotatedNode
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ConstructorNode
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.Parameter
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.ast.stmt.BlockStatement
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilePhase
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.control.SourceUnit
 import  org.codehaus.groovy.transform.AbstractASTTransformation
 import   org.codehaus.groovy.transform.GroovyASTTransformation
  import   org.codehaus.groovy.transform.GroovyASTTransformationClass
  import  org.objectweb.asm.Opcodes

 @GroovyASTTransformation (phase = CompilePhase.CANONICALIZATION)
 public class  DefaultConstructorASTTransformation  extends  AbstractASTTransformation  implements
 Opcodes {
     public void  visit(ASTNode[] nodes, SourceUnit source) {
        init(nodes, source)
        AnnotatedNode parent = (AnnotatedNode) nodes[ 1 ]

         if  (parent  instanceof  ClassNode) {
            ClassNode cNode = (ClassNode) parent
             if  (!cNode.getDeclaredConstructor( new  Parameter[ 0 ])) {
                 final  BlockStatement body =  new  BlockStatement()
                cNode.addConstructor( new  ConstructorNode(ACC_PUBLIC,  new  Parameter[ 0
], cNode.EMPTY_ARRAY, body))
            }
        }
    }
}
 @Retention (RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
 @Target (ElementType.TYPE)
 @GroovyASTTransformationClass ( "DefaultConstructorASTTransformation" )
 public  @ interface   DefaultConstructor  {}

withConfig(configuration) {
    ast(DefaultConstructor)
}

          Seemed to work in my tests, but everybody should feel free to point out anything
I goofed up.

           -Keegan

            On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Keegan Witt