groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: what kind of class should a open block be?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:59:02 GMT
Am 19.06.2015 15:17, schrieb C├ędric Champeau:
> My point is really that if JDK 9 changes what #getSimpleName returns for
> our closures, that's a breaking change that is not under our control.
> Changing the behavior of Groovy, whatever it is, means that older
> classes will not be compatible with JDK 9, at least for the code in the
> wild which relies on <generated closure>#getSimpleName.

I see it much more relaxed since it is only recently, that getSimpleName
even works and not fails with an exception. For Java classes there is no
change. So it does not break anything there.

do we even want people depend on that? In the end I would like to be
able to have some open blocks not as classes at all. And not everything
that is a subclass of Closure is a open block either.... Just think of
curried closures and method closures

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou