Unfortunately, you've reached the end of my limited SQL knowledge...

However, looking at this article (https://objectpartners.com/2014/01/24/simpler-stored-procedures-with-groovy/) which has since been merged into Groovy (v2.3.0) it would seem that you should be able to get output from an output parameters OR a ResultSet.  Maybe the article will lead you to a solution.

Cheers,
Keith