Hi

I’m using a third party Java library for which I have no source i.e. I’m stuck with it. It seems that the problem is that the creators of the library decided to use lowercase in the naming of some of their classes e.g. “iSessionMngr”, unfortunate , but Java forgives it and apparently Groovy does not.

Here’s the compilation output in question:

Error:(124, 20) Groovyc: Apparent variable 'iSessionMngr' was found in a static scope but doesn't refer to a local variable, static field or class. Possible causes:
You attempted to reference a variable in the binding or an instance variable from a static context.
You misspelled a classname or statically imported field. Please check the spelling.
You attempted to use a method 'iSessionMngr' but left out brackets in a place not allowed by the grammar.

the code has access to the classes contained within the jar, its really references to what are supposed to be statics by lowercased names

I am still relatively new to Groovy . I’m hoping for a work around. I have access to the calling code so I thought about using “import aliases” but thought I post this issue and get some feedback from more experienced Groovy pros.

thanks

Charles