groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paco Zarate <conta...@nazcasistemas.com>
Subject Re: Groovy SQL stored procedure result processing
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 17:20:20 GMT
Hey Arthur,
are you able to create the github sample to play with? i think it would be
a more straightforward route, and this should be quick to create. I can
help you creating it, just let me know.

Paco.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com>
wrote:

>  Closer...
>
> Could not find matching constructor for: groovy.sql.Sql(java.lang.String,
> java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
>
> Or alternatively...
>
> Sql (String url, String user, String password, String driverClassName) {
>     newInstance(url, user, password, driverClassName)
> }
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access
> method groovy.sql.Sql.<init>()V from class
> com.mediture.truchart.analytics.Sql
>

> On 5/26/2015 11:10 AM, Paco Zarate wrote:
>
>   Seems like the extension is not finding the constructor. Can you please
> try to include in your extension the constructor :
>
> Sql(String
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
url,
> String
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
user,
> String
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
password,
> String
> <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
driverClassName)
> {
>     super (url, user, password, driverClassName);
> }
>  just to see if that fixes this error. I think it is not related to the
> other one, so I guess you will have a new issue.
>
>  Just in case, have you take a look at
> https://github.com/dsrkoc/groovy-sql-stream-extension ? it is an
> extension to the Sql class from Dinko Srko─Ź that allows you to use a stream
> for the resultset.
>
>  Also you can try to create a proof of concept gist in github using this
> code as a base:
> https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/subprojects/groovy-sql/src/test/groovy/groovy/sql/SqlCallTest.groovy
> (it uses an in memory database, creates a person table, then creates some
> stored procedures, and then it uses them to test these functions. This way
> you can reproduce the error in a more isolated way and you can share it to
> review or raise a bug report if needed).
>

> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com
> > wrote:
>
>>  No.
>>
>> def sql = Sql.newInstance("jdbc:mysql://${db_host}/${target_database}".toString(),
db_username, db_password, 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver')

>>  On 5/26/2015 10:12 AM, Paco Zarate wrote:
>>
>>  Arthur,
>>  Just to confirm, is this the calling code that is returning the error?
>>
>> sql.execute('SET @data_history_units = ?', data_history_units)
>> List<List<GroovyRowResult>> results = sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}',
[in_step, run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count],
{}
> [...]
>>> Arthur
>>>
>>> On 5/25/2015 4:00 PM, Keith Suderman wrote:
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, you've reached the end of my limited SQL knowledge...
>>>
>>>  However, looking at this article (
>>> https://objectpartners.com/2014/01/24/simpler-stored-procedures-with-groovy/)
>>> which has since been merged into Groovy (v2.3.0) it would seem that you
>>> should be able to get output from an output parameters OR a ResultSet.
>>> Maybe the article will lead you to a solution.
>>>
>>>  Cheers,
>>> Keith
>>>
>>>  On May 25, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  That's what I was trying initially, but all I get is null.  I think
>>> the closure only gets output from an OUT parameter of the stored
>>> procedure.  I created a procedure that used an OUT parameter and got values
>>> in the closure.  I don't maintain the procedures and I'm trying to port the
>>> perl wrapper without changing the SQL.
>>>
>>> I tried...
>>>
>>> sql.callWithAllRows('{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step,
run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count]) {
>>>     log.info(it.value.toString())
>>> }
>>>
>>> And...
>>>
>>> sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step,
run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count], {
>>>     log.info(it.value.toString())
>>> }
>>>
>>> Either produce...
>>>
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object
>>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.getProperty(NullObject.java:57)
>>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty(InvokerHelper.java:169)
>>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.getProperty(NullCallSite.java:44)
>>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:293)
>>>
>>> On 5/25/2015 3:01 PM, Keith Suderman wrote:
>>>
>>> The last parameter to sql.callWithAllRows() is a closure (empty in your
>>> example).  I suspect this is where you want to include the logging.  The
>>> way you have it written you are iterating over the list returned by the
>>> stored procedure (the list of list of GroovyRowResult), which of course is
>>> only available after the stored procedure is complete.
>>>
>>>  Try
>>>
>>>  String proc = '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}'
>>> Object[] params = [ ... ] as Object[]
>>> sql.callWithAllRows(proc, params) {
>>>  log.info(it.value.toString()
>>> }
>>>
>>>  Hope this helps.
>>>
>>>  Cheers,
>>> Keith
>>>
>>>  On May 25, 2015, at 3:07 PM, arthur_ramsey@mediture.com wrote:
>>>
>>>   Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm new to Groovy and I'm trying to port the following perl DBI code to Groovy
SQL.  The code executes a stored procedure that produces multiple logging statements as results
(not an OUT parameter).

>>> my $sth = $dbh->prepare("CALL spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,true,?,?,?,?,?)");
>>> $sth->execute($_[0],$_[1],$_[2],$_[3],$_[4],$_[5]);
>>> do {
>>> 	while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
>>> 		foreach (@row) {
>>> 			print "$_ ";
>>> 		}
>>> 		print "\n";
>>> 	}
>>> } while ($sth->more_results);
>>>
>>> The following Groovy code captures everything, but it blocks until the stored
procedure completes unlike the perl code which processes results prior to completion.  The
effect is delayed logging.

>>> sql.execute('SET @data_history_units = ?', data_history_units)
>>> List<List<GroovyRowResult>> results = sql.callWithAllRows '{call
spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure,
in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count], {}
>>> results.each { result ->
>>>     result.each { row ->
>>>         row.each {
>>>             log.info(it.value.toString())
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>> }I also tried sql.eachRow, but that seems to only get the first result.  I had
a similar outcome with perl DBI before I added the "while ($sth->more_results)".  Is there
anyway I can better emulate the perl code even if I have to interact with jdbc more closely?