flume-user mailing list archives

From Tal Kapon <Tal.Ka...@servicenow.com>
Subject Questions about FileChannel Log files count and size
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 13:48:23 GMT
Hey team

We are trying to embed the FileChannel class in our app. Got few questions:

  1.  I see the number of log files in the channel data folder is increasing. Is there a way
to limit the number of log files? Is the system cleaning up old files and when?
  2.  In my case, the file channel reached its max capacity of 100000 messages, each is about
100 bytes. However the log file size reached 1.5G and the system even created another log
file of size 1G. How come about 100M of raw data take so much space on the disk?

Thanks

Tal

Tal Kapon
ITOM Architecture