flume-user mailing list archives

From Joaquin Alzola <Joaquin.Alz...@lebara.com>
Subject RE: Flume-Kinesis
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 17:47:32 GMT
Thanks!!!

From: Denes Arvay [mailto:denes@cloudera.com]
Sent: 03 January 2017 16:45
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume-Kinesis

Hi Joaquin,

According to the flume-kinesis and the AWS ARN documentations (http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-arns-and-namespaces.html#arn-syntax-kinesis-streams)
you are right in both cases: the endpoint is valid and the stream name is the last part of
the ARN indeed.

Best regards,
Denes

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM Joaquin Alzola <Joaquin.Alzola@lebara.com<mailto:Joaquin.Alzola@lebara.com>>
wrote:
Hi Guys

I am using the Flume to basically move to an AWS Kineses Cloud.

I have a source that sends to Kinesis.

I install the Flume-Kinesis “connector”. https://github.com/sharethrough/flume-kinesis

In it there is an endpoint:
agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.endpoint = https://kinesis.{region}.amazonaws.com<https://kinesis.%7bregion%7d.amazonaws.com>
agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.streamName = {your_stream_name}

I got from my DevOps this following “address”
arn:aws:kinesis:eu-west-1:821482969087:stream/CDRs

I am wondering if the config is just:
agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.endpoint = https://kinesis.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.streamName = CDRs

BR

Joaquin

This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the sender immediately upon receipt.