flume-user mailing list archives

From Denes Arvay <de...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume-Kinesis
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 16:45:07 GMT
Hi Joaquin,

According to the flume-kinesis and the AWS ARN documentations (
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-arns-and-namespaces.html#arn-syntax-kinesis-streams
) you are right in both cases: the endpoint is valid and the stream name is
the last part of the ARN indeed.

Best regards,
Denes

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM Joaquin Alzola <Joaquin.Alzola@lebara.com>
wrote:

Hi Guys

I am using the Flume to basically move to an AWS Kineses Cloud.

I have a source that sends to Kinesis.

I install the Flume-Kinesis “connector”.
https://github.com/sharethrough/flume-kinesis

In it there is an endpoint:

agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.endpoint = https://kinesis.{region}.amazonaws.com

agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.streamName = {your_stream_name}

I got from my DevOps this following “address”

arn:aws:kinesis:eu-west-1:821482969087:stream/CDRs

I am wondering if the config is just:

agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.endpoint = https://kinesis.eu-west-1
.amazonaws.com

agent.sinks.kinesis-sink-1.streamName = CDRs

BR

Joaquin

This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but
contact the sender immediately upon receipt.